Monday, June 22, 2015

Pioneer Pondering and Fabulous Lemon Oil

Over the last few years, I've been learning how to do many things in a pioneer way. From learning how to sew a quilt, baking bread from scatch and creating my own soaps, lotions and potions I am keeping the old arts alive and keeping my life full of hard work and simplicity.
 I have been blessed with 9 grandchildren so far and I love being able to show them how to make bread and how to sew and how to make soap by hand. It is the soapmaking that interests my 8 year old granddaughter the most. Together we've gone treasure hunting in our high desert landscape searching for natural ingredients to make our soaps better. She loves lavender and pine but her favorite scent is lemon. I've tried several different concentrations of lemon oil and admittedly, most smell the same...lemony...but I found myself using massive amounts to get the right scent then I'd have to increase my (jojoba, avacado, grapeseed, etc.) which really drives up the final cost of my soaps.
In the world of lemon oils, a person can find literally thousands of brands, all with varying concentrations of strength and purity.  Lucky for me and my wonderful connection with BuView.com, I was offered the chance to experiment with a 5X Strength Lemon Oil from Lift Care. Here's the product:   https://www.amazon.com/gp/mobile/dp/B00VN23VE6/ref=cm_cr_wr_ty_shop
I promised an honest review and blog post in exchange for free or greatly discounted product,  and it bears repeating that I am never required to provide positive feedback!
Okay back to my story! They say it is a 5X Strength Lemon Oil so I put it to the test! My typical batch of 10 soaps usually required 5ml of lemon oil.  I immediately realized that I could use less oil and achieve really aromatic results. In fact, I only used a third of my normal measurement! Additionally, by cutting down the amount of lemon oil I can use less carrier oil (another cost savings) and in turn, makes my soaps lather better! This impacts my bottom line so positively!
As an added benefit, the disinfectant properties of my soaps since using this lemon oil, has increased - so there's more cleaning power. I love discovering great products!
 My final observation is that my soaps smell better, I am able to make more while using less additive ingredients and I'm getting great compliments on the new version of my soaps!
Thanks to Lift Care and their 5X Lemon Oil, I'm a happier soapmaker!
Whether you make soaps, lotions, potions, cleaning solutions or just love it for aromatherapy, I recommend trying the Lift Care 5X Lemon Oil.  Til next time my lovlies...

No comments:

Post a Comment